The theory sounds great, but the implementation is just annoyingly frustrating. These are my first few hours on Lion, so I’d still have to see if I change my opinion after using it for a few days, but here are a few really annoying things about it –
- Smaller Maximize, Minimize and Close buttons. As if they weren’t small enough?
- Natural scrolling: WTF is this monstrosity? Forced myself to use this for a few hours and ended up with a headache and nausea. This isn’t intuitive or natural in any way.
- This is an operating system with a full keyboard and mouse. Don’t make me fucking drag each individual icon in Launchpad to where I want it to be. Enable shift-click.
- Where did the breadcrumb go and how am I supposed to get to my Home folder if you take away the entry on the sidebar? Just figured out that I can do right click Finder > Go to folder. But if you have a finder window open already while you do this, it just feels free to redirect the open window causing 2x frustration. Right now, the only “easy” way to get to my projects folder is Finder > New Window (2x). Window1, Right click finder > GOTO Folder > Type in address. Window2 > Right click > GOTO Folder > Type in address. WTF !?
- YOU HAVE TAKEN AWAY MY FOUR FINGER SWIPE DOWN GESTURE! HOW COULD YOU! ALSO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IT TO CONFLICT WITH MY XCODE GESTURES! GODDAMMIT, NOW I’M REALLY PISSED. YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE I’M TYPING IN ALLCAPS.